Friday 11 December 2015

Path to Failure... [The End]

It's almost a week ago now, I should have been in Ghana for the test, I should have played, slept or maybe worked hard in the hall for 6 hours, I should have had my first taste of Ghanaian party (maybe), I should have brought back some gist for you as promised, and now I'd be hoping to pass or be very certain I'd failed, but those are now should haves and could haves cos here in Lagos I was (and happily too, at least on the test day).

Very sad, I chickened out, lol... but it wasn't because of the fear of the outcome.No! It wasn't because I couldn't have managed to fly on Friday after work. No! It wasn't because I wanted to party with family on Saturday. No! It was because just after I thought I had found my chakra, I lost it. Thursday, 3rd December would qualify as the gloomiest day of my life... at least in a long while... but that was when I decided the test was the least of my worries. I had a lot to let out, and let out I did.

I didn't take the day off, but I practically spent it by myself, letting out as much as I could... as much as I needed to. In the end was I relieved? May be not, but it was all I could do [no need to dwell on this, it doesn't matter now, not anymore, it's in the past... ...fast forward]

Friday was the first time in a while I wanted to be up all night, and the goon was available, I only needed to put a call through. Eventually "we" started out at Ntyce and ended up at Rumours, you don't want the details of all that took place in between but it was a perfect night to forget the week. As we no do exam, we go sha fit party!

Saturday was the baby's sister's birthday plus 34th Anniversary of my old folks, so it was family time. Family time that I would have been robbed of by the yeye test in Accra... So, after recovering from Friday night's moves, I took the two hour trip to the villa in Lagos... joined in the fun, made the folks happy (cos trust me, seeing me in Igando is not a usual occurrence) and that's how the day went. Sigh.

So yea... the path to failure never happened, or at least we never made it to that destination. Sorry I couldn't tell you how the test went as promised, but I will certainly tell you how it goes in the future, come June, maybe and then it would no longer be the path to failure (I hope) but a gist on how easy it went. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment