Wednesday 2 December 2015

Path to Failure... [Part 2]


So it's barely 2 days to the D day and a lot has happened :)

Finally got the bosses approval, the only ish is it's dependent on the completion, or at least significant advancement, of the month end close process. Current deal is I'll fly on Friday evening... as a badt guy, I'll be landing just in time for the test.

In the process, though, I had to explain how I got myself into this mess on that sad August 20th...lol. A lil bit of some heart to heart with the boss, weird stuff... Anyways, we sha agreed.

Interestingly too, my Texas Instrument got delivered yesterday. Yet to figure out the machine but really I won't be needing more that the plus and minus sign, or at most, the power function. All that PV, FV, NPV, IRR crap... I'll figure out before June.

And yes! We were to make some progress on the hours, I think have gotten that up to about 13 to 14 in total... skimmed about 60% of the highly condensed FinQuiz materials. This week was meant to be the killer week but then with office work in the way, I guessed that was an overly ambitious target... but yea... there's still tomorrow and Friday. Shouldn't I be studying now? Naaah... the brain's fatigued, there's just no point.

Unfortunately, I lost my chakra... What felt like the beginning of a new era is apparently only a mirage. In my next life, I'd be a Father. Put your emotions to caring & praying for the masses and less privileged, trust me, it's a much better use. Everyone has their better idea of what's good for them... hmmmm... talk for another day....

It's almost 30 mins before Thursday, time to pack & fly home, shouldn't be back here till after we are done failing... I'll come with gist of how we spent the 36 hours in Ghana, the real deal should be after the test (=D). Till then.. ciao.

PS: The goal is to have enough idea to keep busy for 6 hours, will this be achieved? In a few hours I'll know.

2 comments: